Saturday, January 9, 2016

Walk Ahead - 1/19/16




As of late, I haven't been able to push out of my mind the connotation of "walk away". There's much to be said for having the strength, wisdom, and insight to recognize a situation or state that needs to be terminated/discontinued.

but, I hate the idea of abandoning one's path because of an obstacle, a difficulty, or another person. To walk "away" implies to deviate, to digress from one's intended direction. Occasionally,  I am stubborn and unyielding  and this is behavior is unnerving to me. Anytime someone says, "walk away" it crawls under my skin and festers.

instead, there's "walk ahead;  you continue moving on your path but not necessarily in a new direction. You remain on your way but abandon attachment to circumstances that you encountered along the way. No longer fettered.

No comments:

Post a Comment