Wednesday, May 30, 2012

darlin' I need you like ships need the sea

Sweet sweet summer is finally here. 

Exams are over. 

Indianapolis was wonderful. 

2nd day of work down. 

"I can see it in her Cherokee eyes 
Those baby browns and the golden thighs 
What you doing for the rest of your life? 
Cause you don't want, don't wanna go"



Eating peaches that I picked up in South Carolina for dinner.  

So much to blog about. So much to think about. I wish I could just stop time right now and bask in the glory of summer for months and months. With sunburnt lips, a freckled nose, and a pinkish brown glow from too much, or perhaps the perfect amount of sun. 

My roommates are all moved out. It feels empty, especially without Marie's laugh filling the house. She's the only person I've met that laughs as much and as loudly as I do. I wouldn't be the slightly bit surprised if our neighbors secretly despised us or at least were dumbfounded about how that many things could be THAT funny at all hours of the day. 

After a year of meowing through the wall to the cat next door, I'm officially giving up on ever hearing a response back. Perhaps, I overestimated my abilities and I actually sound nothing like a cat. I do have other talents. I'll be okay. (I hope everyone knows I'm completely kidding about this) 

I love empty rooms. I've been hanging out in Marie and Crystal's bare, furniture-less room. To me, empty rooms are magical in a childish, spontaneous, whimsical way. So full of potential. So capable of transitioning to anything. I remember moving into Pope St. and cooking my first meal and eating on the floor with plastic silverware from wendys while watching a movie on my tiny tv (also placed on the floor). 

Waiting to get picked up to go play frisbee golf. I thought it was ultimate, so I was excited but I'm quite horrible about frisbee golf. But it's on north campus so I'm thrilled about that. Hanging out on north carmpus at night time is my favorite. It'd be the perfect night to wade around in the fountain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment