Sunday, June 6, 2010

sweet summer time

It's Sunday afternoon and I'm sitting on Springdale front porch writing letters and trying to get caught up on all my friends' summer adventures. My maymester class ended last Wednesday. Since then my time has been nothing but a blessing. I realized I've been on not one, and not two, but three family road trips in the past month. One funeral, one high school graduation, and one wedding. Out of out state, of course, so lots of FFF time in the car. FFF, in case you're wondering, stands for Forced Family Fun time. I'm mostly kidding.

I'm so thankful for everyone here in Athens! Liza and Maggie P. just got back from taking kids to camp so I'm looking forward to time with them this week. Josh and Holly just left for a week with our Wyldlife kids. So please keep that trip in your prayers this week.

Yesterday I went to Georgia's Strongest Man competition with Kasey. Let's just say that's not something either one of us would have randomly decided to have gone to but it certainly was interesting! Kasey is such an awesome girl and I really enjoyed talking to her and learning from her! Tons of people went to Cali N Titos last night for dinner followed but soccer on Herty Field and then a trip to TC pool. It was great Saturday. I also got to spend time with Supriya, from high school, on Friday while going on a thifting adventure. We weren't very successful in finding much. I did find a Beth Moore book, To Live is Christ, for a dollar. I'm looking forward to reading that.

Laura F. came home from Australia last night. I was super excited to see her. I have some cute pictures of her and Stephen dancing at dinner. Australia is somewhere where I've always wanted to go. I can't wait for people to get back in Athens so I can see all their pictures. I know most of them will be posted to facebook and other various websites but it's so much more interesting when they get the chance to narrator all their picture albums and share their reactions and thoughts.

If you missed Classic City this morning- You really missed out! The electricity went out. So everything was acoustic.

No comments:

Post a Comment